Saliva Alcohol Tests Pros
June 16, 2010 in Employee Drug Testing Information
The following list represents the positive aspects of saliva drug tests:
- They provide samples that are acquired under direct observation.
- They present a minimal risk of tampering.
- They spare patients the discomfort of repeated vein punctures.
- They are non-invasive.
- They present no risk of infection, thrombosis, or anemia.
- They present lower total testing costs since no special staff training is required for collection.
- They provide for samples that can be collected easily in almost any environment.
- They can detect alcohol use.
- They reflect recent drug use.
- They provide a relatively short window of detection, approximately 10 to 24 hours.